This web site uses WordPress.com that will host the web site as well as provide the CMS capabilities. You have to use one of their pre-built templates, which are free or premium (Paid) versions. You may be able to modify some features of the design like colors, images and logos. But you often cannot change the other features like fonts, layout and widgets supported. The designer keeps a link to themselves at the bottom of the page.
WordPress.org is an open-source version that you can host on your own computer. With WordPress.com you have to use their systems, which can be tricky at times. You don’t have control over the plug-ins available to you or the settings!
Writing with WordPress is accomplished using TinyCME, a third party plugin. You can read about these ‘rich editors’ in http://en.support.wordpress.com/visual-editor/
Other CMS systems include:
- DotNetNuke – http://www.dnnsoftware.com/
- Weebly – http://www.weebly.com/ – A very easy to use web site with no programming knowledge
- Webs – http://www.webs.com/ – And they WILL bug you with spam trying to get you to update your account. You are limited to 10 pages with the basic account.
- Wix – http://www.wix.com/
- WordPress.org – http://wordpress.org/